-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Steve Comstock
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 11:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Where have the control blocks gone?

I've been debugging applications in z/OS and its
predecessors since 1975, and feel I have a pretty
good idea how to use a SYSUDUMP. But things are
getting a little mysterious right now.

I'm getting lots of dumps as I create and debug
a new application, and suddenly I've noticed:

* Instead of three (or more) SVRBs, there are only two

* When I force an abend right after OPEN the DCB does
   not show up as formatted in the dump (I can find the
   storage location and figure it out, but I'm surprised
   at this development).

Have there been some changes in SYSUDUMP formatting in
recent years? (I'm running z/OS 1.10 currently).

<SNIP>

Check PARMLIB settings for dumps. Someone may have changed them on you.

Regards,
Steve Thompson