Clark Morris wrote:

> On 5 Jan 2010 09:54:17 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:
>
> >Clark Morris wrote:

> >> The LE forms of SYSUDUMP (may be CEEDUMP, my memory is bad), have some
> >> very useful formatting and make at least COBOL debugging much easier.
> >
> >I can't think of anything offhand that you can't get from:
> >
> > IP VERBX LEDATA
>
> Isn't that using SYSMDUMP and IPCS?  I'm talking about the dumps
> available to most applications programmers.

There's nothing stopping any programmer changing his JCL from:
//SYSUDUMP to
//SYSMDUMP

There is a learning curve, but if looking at dumps is something you do
for a living, it's worth the effort. I avoided it for years because I
couldn't see the benefit, but now I just groan when somebody hands me a
huge SYSUDUMP.

--
Don Poitras - zSeries R & D  -  SAS Institute Inc. -  SAS Campus Drive
mailto:sas...@sas.com   (919)531-5637  Fax:677-4444     Cary, NC 27513