Hi Paul,

Yes, as you well know, it was used at Shell for decades, and Amoco, etc etc. All the companies that used it (some really major ones such as Amoco, Chicago) were taken over, or had the Computing systems moved back to headquarters, and converted back to Type 1 JCL.

Had IBM supported the product, it would have won the day...  (It still can).

Thank you for your support in helping to get it all going! Gosh, think of all those midnight sessions getting it going and working out easier ways of doing things... It really was a team effort with you, Fergus, David, Andrew, Mike and all the others in the team. And thanks to Shell Management for being brave enough to give it the go ahead.

And Fujitsu after that. And the many others involved in the project in the decades that followed.

Cheers,

Clem
PS : Re Parms: I think we could easily allow 256 byte parms. Maybe a 1000, why not?

Paul Gillis wrote:
I used Jol from 1970 through 1988 and was very happy with it, then when I changed jobs I had to relearn JCL. Jol certainly provided much of what has been discussed here since the early 70s. Never tried a parm greater than 100 bytes, wonder if that would work. Probably no reason why it couldn't if the target program was able to cope with it.
Cheers, Paul