I set up a Wiki (using PMWiki -- very easy) for our department,
runnning in a Linux guest under z/VM.  I thought it worked pretty well.
Unfortunately, we no longer have z/VM or Linux on the mainframe, so it is down
for the moment.  If I can ever get another box on which to host it I hope to
bring it back up.  All in all, it's a much better solution than sharing Word
documents, and the less said about Sharepoint the better.

Jon

<snip>
I have a real gut desire to organize our internal Tech Services into a Wiki.
Something that is easily searchable with keywords. I'm having a real problem
with "inertia" and "too much bother" from others in my group. At present, we
tend to just document things in a MS Word document, then put that in a shared
Windows folder with a "good" file name. We then ignore it. <grin>

Does anybody out there think using Wiki software is reasonable and more
effective? Has anybody actually done it? If so, on what platform and with what
software? It is unlikely that we would host it on z/OS due to CPU usage. That
would be considered not cost effective.
</snip>