>From a performance only point of view, yes, an all GP configuration might be
>better, if none of the GP's were capped.

The point of the z/IIP and z/AAP was to get you horsepower without increasing
your software licensing fees.  It is much cheaper to have 5 GPs and 5 z/IIPs or
z/AAPs rather than 10 GP's.  Putting aside software costs is un-realistic.
Software is very expensive.

With regard to the book question, it makes no difference if 2 GP's are on 2
different books or a GP and a z/IIP are on different books.  You definitely
want all the processors associated with a LPAR on the same book.  The cost to
switch books is very expensive, but all that can be another thread.

Chris Blaicher
Phone: 512-340-6154
Mobile: 512-627-3803