That's the sort of direction I think I am going to go. Thanks,

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Don Poitras
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 8:39 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Best practice for 24-bit storage in assembler called from C/C++

I think we're getting a lot of suggestions as if this were some system
service. Name/token, CDE lookups and such are fine if you need to
bootstrap yourself from some unknown state. The description of this
program is just batch. Save the address in an external variable. LE
provides macros to allocate and access externs from assembler. See
CEEPDDA and CEEPLDA. Read the LE Programming Guide for descriptions. You
can even share these areas with your C++ code.