OK, I must be misremembering. Or maybe that was a much older version. Or,
maybe, it was the old Q command. Basically my curiousity was to be able to at
least review SPOOL datasets (perhaps copying them) directly on z/Linux to avoid
any sort of CPU "cost" on the z/OS system.  Well, if I even had z/Linux, which
I don't. I just sometimes ask off-the-wall curiousity questions. Management
here is on a major quest to decrease z/OS CPU usage to save money. Too bad they
don't look at all the <elided> software we have from MS which could possibly be
replaced with FOSS products. Especially OpenOffice vs. MS Office. Or Oracle
with EnterpriseDB.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell