-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:48 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Crazed idea: SDSF for z/Linux

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:26:44 -0500, Thompson, Steve
<steve_thomp...@stercomm.com> wrote:
<SNIPPAGE>

>But again if running under VM, VM has the ability to prevent your
access
>to the target volumes by reason of IEF, does it not?

Sure, but no more than LPAR I/O config.  Exception: You can give a guest
R/O
access to the volume - LPAR can't do that.  Of course, that doesn't help
you
*repair* it unless you want to clone it and repair the clone, leaving
the
original untouched.

I don't know what "IEF" means.

<SNIPPAGE>

Interpretive Execution Facility -- the "owner" (or was) of SIE

Regards,
Steve Thompson