I'm curious.  How much more does z/OS cost than z/VSE?  An
approximate percentage is good enough.

What are your reasons for converting?  It sounds like from the way you
worded your comment below that z/VSE doesn't have some restrictions
that z/OS does, although I may have misread your comments.

I did a conversion back in 1985 from DOS to MVS 1.3.6.  I think it took
alomost as long to convert from DOS to MVS as it did to get off of the
mainframe 4 years ago.  In 1985, we ran 5 DOS guests under VM.

Eric Bielefeld

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:20:56 -0700, Frank Swarbrick
<frank.swarbr...@efirstbank.com> wrote:

>When you refer to z/dos, do you mean z/VSE?
>We are migrating this year from z/VSE to z/OS.
>I never thought VSE was that great until this project.  z/OS has a lot
of good stuff, but it also has a lot of annoying limitations (odd
restrictions).