I guess I should note that I am speaking only as an application developer.  So
I come at it from a different perspective than most of those on this list.

But a few things I miss from VSE:
- Superior JCL symbolics.
- System level symbolics availble for use in batch JCL.
- JCL "DATE" card to override system date.
- Return code checking that actually makes sense (can anyone give a good reason
for how COND works?).
- LIBDEF statements for setting/overriding a library search chain.
- JCL symbolics available to batch FTP client.
- JCL (JECL) FNO parm for setting FORMDEF/PAGEDEF/FORMS/etc. by specifying a
single name.

Those are what I can think of offhand.

I notice that all of my beefs with z/OS have to do with JCL.  Interesting; I'd
never really thought about it in that context.

Frank
--

Frank Swarbrick
Applications Architect - Mainframe Applications Development

On 2/28/2010 at 4:00 PM, in message
<527308.35953...@web54604.mail.re2.yahoo.com>, Ed Gould <ps2...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication.  Thank you.