In <blu149-w539568df98dc392b6d7170a1...@phx.gbl>, on 03/02/2010
   at 12:45 AM, Dave Salt <ds...@hotmail.com> said:

>I think we're just using a different interpretation of 'case sensitive'.
>Most ISPF panels convert input to uppercase, so dialogs test for
>uppercase commands. But if ISPF panels converted input to lowercase,
>dialogs would simply test for lowercase commands.

Converting to lower case would be as bad as converting to upper case; what
is needed is ASIS.

>But ISPF commands are not case sensitive,

No. While the names are not case sensitive, the operands are.

>I have to conclude that the order of processing is something like this:
>1) A user enters a command on a command line and presses an interrupt
>key (e.g. ENTER).
>2) The data on the panel is pre-processed by the
>terminal (or emulator) based on the attributes of the panel; e.g. if the
>command line is defined as (or defaults) to CAPS(ON), the command is
>converted to uppercase.

WTF? Shirley you know better than that upper/lower case translation is
done on the mainframe, not on the terminal. The ISPF Dialog Manager
interprets CAPS(ON).

>Unless I misunderstand, ISPF does have facility.

Correct, subject to the installation limit on the number of logical
screens. I connect to WSA from a batch job if I need more.