No, I'm saying that it's preposterous for you to say such a thing, because I do
not believe it is prevalent.  I have never seen such a situation in any shop
where I have worked, nor have I heard any reliable source explain that such a
situation exists elsewhere.  I recently was involved in situation where
management was desiring to do such a thing, through their own ignorance of the
technology, but I was able to defeat it.

>>> George Henke <gahe...@gmail.com> 3/5/2010 11:50 AM >>>
>You seem to be implying that companies use PR/SM on a whim to >multiply
their z/OS images for no good reason, which I think is >preposterous.

You're right it is preposterous.

The only thing the PR/SM LPAR paradigm lacks is a nice Escher painting to
hang over it.

--
George Henke
(C) 845 401 5614

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received
this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to
the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy
the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or
destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if
you communicate with us by email. Thank you.