On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Mark T. Regan, K8MTR <
netsfw-ibmm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> For almost 20 years we've been using a homegrown application that runs on
> one of our z/VM LPARS to manage the inventory of the various z/OS
> system software products we have installed. Since it looks like z/VM may be
> going away at my site in a few years, except for the ones used to manage our
> various Penguin farms here, we are looking for something to replace it.
> Our internal tool has screens that collect information like this from the
> system programmer:
>
> I don't know anything about the product, but mackinney.com has something
called DP Manager.  Their products are not expensive and their support is
very good.

*DP Manager* is an integrated CICS-based system that provides the tools
needed to manage the DP shop more efficiently. DP Manager provides these
tools with four major subsystems:

   - Hardware Inventory Tracking (HIT)
   - Software Inventory Tracking (SIT)
   - Problem Report Administration (PRA)
   - Change Request Administration (CRA)

For shops on IBM maintenance, DP Manager satisfies the record keeping
requirement for the Corporate Service Amendment. HIT and SIT keep track of
hardware and software. PRA and CRA allow systems, operations and
applications staffs to spend time on problem resolution, maintenance, and
development rather than trying to keep up with the stack of change requests
and problem reports.

Jim McAlpine