<snip>
I haven't seen a bona-fide tape I/O error since my shop installed 3480
drives, lo these many years ago. What's this guy smoking? Whatever it
is, I'm sure it's illegal! :-)

Rick

</snip>

I have to agree with the list, the last error on a tape (MF) was a
duplex tape where the physical tape was dropped and the case cracked. No
big deal since it was a duplex tape. On the other hand, tapes on the
open systems side do have some failures. The failures are not even close
to what the article specified though. If he is smoking something, he
should at least share with the list :-).

Thanks,

Kevin Fletcher (317) 817-3545
Transition Coordinator
z/OS, DB2, AS400 support