On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 09:19 -0400, Richards, Robert B. wrote:
> If we were looking to replace Microsoft's SQL Server with something on
> System z, what would my options be and how much effort would be
> required to move it there?

I have no direct experience, so take this with a dumpster load of NaCl,
but PostgreSQL ought to run on Linux-on-z, and I believe there is an
ODBC driver.

If a Linux VM or LPAR is an option for you, you might ask about it over
on linux-390.

        send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit

David Andrews