From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Ed Gould
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 11:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Mainframe Executive article on the death of tape

________________________________

Ted:

But there are more than a few out there that do not. I shudder at such
places. Some places have 24 X 7 X 7 requirements and they still do not have
it.
I was at one place and their DR scenario was to go offsite to an obsolete
system that was 10 years old when it was started. They sit there at board
meetings and with a straight face say they have DR working perfectly.
Chuckle chuckle The system they want to IPL won't because they refuse to
believe you cannot just IPL any old version of MVS.

Ed