From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Nigel Salway
Sent: 07 April 2010 17:19
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: ESS 2105-800 DS6800 comparison

Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback.

In my case, we are already running FICON with the Shark, so we shouldn't
see a change in performance there.

Is the in-rack laptop a feature be ordered with the DS6800, or is it a
matter of buying any compatible laptop and rack mounting it? Can you
clarify?

I will check on Flashcopy 2 availability, although we only use flashcopy
at the volume level.

Sincerely,

Nigel Salway

> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:44:01 -0400
> From: kevin.cl...@bcbsde.com
> Subject: Re: ESS 2105-800 DS6800 comparison
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
>
> Nigel,
>
> Converted from a Hitachi unit emulating a ESS 2105 to a DS6800 using
> FDRPAS and FLASHCOPY in 1 day, (10 TB), It was awhile back but there
> were no problems or issues. Except it didn't support Flashcopy 2 at
the
> time (Dataset level)
>
> Since the DS6800 was rack mounted, I should have opted for the in rack
> LAPTOP, Instead of table to support my monitor and keyboard only.
>
> Oh yea. We went from ESCOM to FICON...so great for performance.
>
> Kevin

confidential and are intended solely for the use of its authorized
recipient(s). If you are not an intended or authorized recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking
any action in reliance on the information contained in this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not
authorized to receive it, please immediately notify the sender and
delete the original message and all copies of it from your computer.

-
This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs
Email
Security Service and the Macro 4 internal virus protection system.
.