PDSMAN has a facility called FASTCOPY that will intercept the call to
IEBCOPY (This is in the PDSMAN Parms) and use FASTCOPY instead.  You can
tell when FASTCOPY is used because in the SYSOUT instead of IEBxxxxI
messages you will see FCOxxxxI messages.  So you might have PGM=IEBCOPY
coded, but FASTCOPY is actually being used.

My thought would be that either you have a STEPLIB/JOBLIB that invalidates
the Authorization  or   that it is run from a TSO environment and IKJTSOxx
does not have IEBCOPY in the authorization list.

Lizette