jim_elli...@ca.ibm.com (Jim Elliott, IBM) writes:
> This is a link to a copy of my History of the Mainframe presentation from
> last year (not sure why John posted it there). The most current version of
> this presentation is on my web site at
> http://ibm.com/vm/devpages/jelliott/pdfs/zhistory.pdf

I didn't remember block-mux being on 360 ... it was on 370 for 3330&2305
set-sector (channel disconnect/reconnect in middle of channel program).
however, this reference:
http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/dpd50/dpd50_chronology4.html

has 2880 block mux. channel 10feb1970 for models (360) 85 & 195 along
with 2305. 2880 had two-byte interface feature that went along with
2305-1 that ran at 3mbyte/sec (presumably it was announced more for its
3mbyte/sec, two-byte feature than for its block mux capability).

2305 announce 28jan1970
http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/storage/storage_2305.html

--
42yrs virtualization experience (since Jan68), online at home since Mar1970