From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Don Williams
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 10:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Multiple logon SMCS possibility

Several years ago, I asked IBM why they prohibit users from concurrent
sign-on to multiple consoles, and was told that it is working as designed.
He noted that I was not the first to complain. I hope that IBM will change
their design and allow users to sign-on to multiple consoles. Until then,
you'll have give users multiple ids to circumvent that restriction. In many
shops that means you'll have to get a security policy waiver before
assigning multiple ids to the same person.

intended
information.
distribution