On 27 Apr 2010 19:32:43 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Clark Morris
><cfmpub...@ns.sympatico.ca>wrote:
>
>> .Many of the applications currently running on z are
>>
>in need of serious overhaul or replacement...
>>

>Based on what? Do they work? If so, why do they need overhaul or
>replacement?

Granted this is based on the applications that I worked on personally
over the past 20 years but most of them were difficult to change, had
interesting anomalies in them and were poorly documented at best.
While this represents only 4 shops including one that had moved COBOL
batch and CICS to HP-UX from the mainframe, I suspect that it is true
elsewhere.  Some of those applications have since been replaced.  I
suspect the help function for users in most CICS systems stinks again
based on my limited experience.