On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:45:27 +0000, Eric Bielefeld <eric-
ibmm...@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>So Toronto hasn't lost many of its mainframes?  That's good to hear.  I
suspect that my experiences in Milwaukee are similar to a lot more people's on
this list than yours are.  Anyone care to comment?

Bay City, MI had several mainframes 25 years ago. To my knowledge they now
have none, and it has been that way for almost twenty years. Back in those
days most banks and hospitals and many manufacturers and insurance
companies had one. (Pre merger mania there were a lot more banks and
hospitals back then).

I would be surprised if there was much more than a dozen mainframe shops in
Michigan today.