On 28 Apr 2010 08:23:42 -0700, paulgboul...@aim.com (Paul Gilmartin)
wrote:

>>The funny thing is that IBM doesn't seem to be pushing Linux and Unix
>>on the mainframe either.
>>
>>Our shop is going Linux/Unix and getting rid of its mainframe, but
>>keeping the mainframe was never considered.
>>
>Other than Linux, I know of two UNIXen on the mainframe.  Which one(s)
>did you have in mind?

All I know is that the choice isn't limited to Linux - and that nobody
considered anything.    The political choice was "we spend this money,
then we can unplug the mainframe saving $$$$ - then we can put down in
our resumes how good we are and go onto the next job".

The software vendors understood this and pushed their buttons.
Converting our mainframe to run their software just wasn't considered.