Hello Chris

>In order to start a procedure which you have taken trouble to create with a
>SETUP DD-statement you need to change the BPXPRMxx member
>RESOLVER_PROC statement to, say, RESOLVER_PROC(RESOLVER) and store a
>procedure named RESOLVER similar to the following:

>//RESOLVER PROC
>//* See SEZAINST(EZBREPRC) for comments
>//EZBREINI EXEC PGM=EZBREINI,REGION=0M,TIME=1440,PARM='CTRACE
>(CTIRES00)'
>//SETUP DD DSN=TCPIP.TCPPARMS(SETUPRES),DISP=SHR,FREE=CLOSE

>Then you can stop and start your new RESOLVER procedure according to the
>instructions in the section "Managing the resolver address space". You should
>see the following message:

>BPXF224I THE RESOLVER_PROC, xxx, IS BEING STARTED where xxx is the
>name of your resolver procedure.

I start our RESOLVER with RESOLVER name. I've changed the RESOLVER_PROC
statement from DEFAULT to RESOLVER

>If you then enter the command

>MODIFY xxx,D

It doesn't work

MODIFY RESOLVER,D
EZZ9294I INCORRECT COMMAND SYNTAX

>Something I noticed in the z/OS Communications Server IP System
>Administrator’s Commands manual when checking on the above is that you
can
>also enter the command

>DISPLAY OMVS,O

It's right. The RESOLVER PROC = RESOLVER

>The TSO NSLOOKUP command uses the MVS search order for the
TCPIP.DATA
>data set. This is the following:

Resolver - GLOBALTCPIPDATA --> Removed

>plus the first of the following:

//SYSTCPD DD statement --> The TCPDATA attached in the post
x.TCPIP.DATA --> It doesn't exist
SYS1.TCPPARMS(TCPDATA) --> It doesn't exist
Resolver - DEFAULTTCPIPDATA --> The TCPDATA attached in the post
TCPIP.TCPIP.DATA --> It doesn't exist

Thanks a lot Chris