Jorge

> >MODIFY xxx,D

> It doesn't work

> MODIFY RESOLVER,D
> EZZ9294I INCORRECT COMMAND SYNTAX

An example from the z/OS Communications Server IP System Administrator’s
Commands description of the "MODIFY command: Resolver address space":

<quote>

Examples

The following example is the command and messages returned to display the
current values.

f resolver,display

EZZ9298I DEFAULTTCPIPDATA - None
EZZ9298I GLOBALTCPIPDATA - SYS1.TCPPARMS(TCPDATA)
EZZ9298I DEFAULTIPNODES - USER55.ETC.IPNODES
EZZ9298I GLOBALIPNODES - None
EZZ9304I NOCOMMONSEARCH
EZZ9304I CACHE
EZZ9298I CACHESIZE - 200M
EZZ9298I MAXTTL - 600
EZZ9293I DISPLAY COMMAND PROCESSED

</quote>

The command is described as follows - with some effort reformatting in order
to reproduce the "look" of the text! - be sure to use a nonproportional font:

<quote>

>>---MODIFY---procname-,-------------------------------------><
   |        |            |                                 |
    -F------             |-Display-------------------------|
                         |-REFRESH-------------------------|
                         |         |                     | |
                         |          -,SETUP=---xxx-------  |
                         |                   |-xxx(yyy)-|  |
                         |                    -'/xxx'---   |
                         |                                 |
                          -FLUSH---------------------------
                                 |      |
                                  -,ALL-

</quote>

I'd imagined that the fact that all characters after the "D" were in lower case
meant that they were unnecessary. Perhaps the manual is wrong and you
need to enter "display" not simply "D", as is - sort-of - indicated in the
example.

Just to be sure you appreciate that the/a RESOLVER procedure has "seen" the
MODIFY command, the following is an explanation of the error message:

<quote>

EZZ9294I INCORRECT type SYNTAX

Explanation: The MODIFY RESOLVER command entered did not have correct
syntax.

type will be one of the following:

COMMAND

The syntax of the command is not correct.

FILENAME

The syntax for the filename specified as the setup file is not correct.

System action: The MODIFY RESOLVER command is ignored.

Operator response: Correct the MODIFY RESOLVER command and re-enter it.
See the z/OS Communications Server:

IP System Administrator’s Commands for more information about Resolver
commands.

System programmer response: None.

Module: EZBREINI, EZBRECFG

Procedure Name: EZBREINI, EZBRECFG

</quote>

> //SYSTCPD DD statement --> The TCPDATA attached in the post

If you use the DEFAULTTCPIPDATA statement, you do not need to have a
SYSTCPD DD-statement in the TSO LOGON procedure used for the
TSO "session" in which you enter the NSLOOKUP command. Maybe I'm
misunderstanding something here.

Chris Mason

On Fri, 7 May 2010 08:02:03 -0500, Jorge Garcia <jgarc...@mapfre.com>
wrote:

>Hello Chris
>
>>In order to start a procedure which you have taken trouble to create with a
>>SETUP DD-statement you need to change the BPXPRMxx member
>>RESOLVER_PROC statement to, say, RESOLVER_PROC(RESOLVER) and store
>>procedure named RESOLVER similar to the following:
>
>>//RESOLVER PROC
>>//* See SEZAINST(EZBREPRC) for comments
>>//EZBREINI EXEC PGM=EZBREINI,REGION=0M,TIME=1440,PARM='CTRACE
>>(CTIRES00)'
>>//SETUP DD DSN=TCPIP.TCPPARMS(SETUPRES),DISP=SHR,FREE=CLOSE
>
>>Then you can stop and start your new RESOLVER procedure according to
the
>>instructions in the section "Managing the resolver address space". You
should
>>see the following message:
>
>>BPXF224I THE RESOLVER_PROC, xxx, IS BEING STARTED where xxx is the
>>name of your resolver procedure.
>

>I start our RESOLVER with RESOLVER name. I've changed the
RESOLVER_PROC