Frank Swarbrick wrote:
> <29s9v5lniuvtpalf97r7chtu7ogfmj7...@4ax.com>, Binyamin Dissen
> <bdis...@dissensoftware.com>  wrote:
snippage

>> Submit a requirement.
>
> No doubt.  I'm just amazed that such a requirement wasn't submited 30 years
> ago.
>
> Frank

30 years ago IBM would have said (and IIRC did say) that those sort of
timestamps are kept for the file, as other OSes keep such things for their
files.  (Granted, MVS keeps a reference data instead of a modification date.)

Further, PDS members are not files, but parts of a file (physical files being
called "data sets" in MVS parlance).  If you want those sorts of timestamps
kept in the file's data content, then make your application write such data
when loading data into such a file.

As has been stated, the linkage editor <-> program binder, and ISPF are
two such applications which which write timestamps within the content
of data written to their output files.

Cheers,
Greg