From:   "Starr, Alan" <alan_st...@calpers.ca.gov>
To:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:   05/25/2010 05:02 PM
Subject:        Calculating the pipe size for DASD mirroring
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

Hello List,

I was just asked to come up with statistics that describe the rate of DASD
data changed (during some yet-to-be-determined period) so that we can
calculate the bandwidth required to transmit the necessary (mirrored) data.
The DASD hardware is HDS. I suppose that it's not necessary to pinpoint the
changes down to the dataset or volume; if I can just get a number of bytes
changed per period of time per subsystem, that should do.

I've just started to peruse IBM manuals and redbooks but I'm wondering if
any of you could point me to helpful tools.

Thanks,
Alan