>That´s the way we use to. So if there is a better way to perform this VVDS
>size increase, please send it. :-)

In a prior life, as a Space Cadet (over 20 years ago), when 3380 architecture
was king, and 3390's hadn't even been announced, we/i handled that by
allocating 'large" VVDS datasets.
There were guidelines in the DFP manuals at the time.
We used them and added 50%, then rounded up to the nearest cylinder.
We never had to increase.

Also, VVDS datasets are allowed extents.
And, extents have not been performance issues for a VERY long time.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!