Well as suspected, the log shows 0 bytes input even tho the client shows byte
counts.  All of the other connection and allocation messages are in order with
successful transmits.

Empty file transmission
TRANS  MVS DSN=xxxxxxxxxx
TRANS  Stru=F Mode=S Type=A  Input=0 bytes
TRANS  Reply=250 Transfer completed successfully.

Don't know how much farther i'll get on this before end of week but will post a
resolution, even if its drop back to XP.

C. Ardillo wrote:
Good Idea. Temporarily turned off both Vista and McAfee, but same occurs. I've tried other files as well, they all appear to successfully transmit with byte counts but remain empty on MF. Interesting. I'm going to check some FTP logs from yesterday, I don't have ability to view real time.

Thanks

Kirk Wolf wrote:
Sounds a little like the Vista firewall might be stepping on the FTP data
connections.
Try disabling the firewall completely (temporarily!!) and see if the problem
goes away.

HTH,

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies