If all else fails you could try using the ISPF Workstation Agent (WSA.EXE) to
do file transfers. I use it all the time and I prefer it over FTP. If you need
information on how to install or use it let me know.

Dave Salt

SimpList(tm) - try it; you'll get it!

http://www.mackinney.com/products/program-development/simplist.html

> Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 10:10:21 -0400
> From: cardill...@comcast.net
> Subject: Re: ftp.exe and Vista
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
>
> Well as suspected, the log shows 0 bytes input even tho the client shows byte
> counts.  All of the other connection and allocation messages are in order
> with successful transmits.
>
> Empty file transmission
> TRANS  MVS DSN=xxxxxxxxxx
> TRANS  Stru=F Mode=S Type=A  Input=0 bytes
> TRANS  Reply=250 Transfer completed successfully.
>
> Don't know how much farther i'll get on this before end of week but will post
> a resolution, even if its drop back to XP.
>
> C. Ardillo wrote:
> > Good Idea. Temporarily turned off both Vista and McAfee, but same
> > occurs.  I've tried other files as well, they all appear to
> > successfully transmit with byte counts but remain empty on MF.
> > Interesting.  I'm going to check some FTP logs from yesterday, I don't
> > have ability to view real time.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kirk Wolf wrote:
> >> Sounds a little like the Vista firewall might be stepping on the FTP
> >> data
> >> connections.
> >> Try disabling the firewall completely (temporarily!!) and see if the
> >> problem
> >> goes away.
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >>
> >> Kirk Wolf
> >> Dovetailed Technologies
> >> http://dovetail.com

> >> For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
> >> send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
> >> Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

> > send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
> > Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

MSN Dating: Find someone special. Start now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734384