From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Lizette Koehler
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 11:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Setting up timezone in Unix on Mainframe

I am trying to figure out why my time inside 3.17 or OMVS is not quite right.

Can you provide any guidance?  My notes indicated this is all I would have to
do, but it does not seem to be working.

BROWSE    //.profile
 Command ===>
********************************* Top of Da
TZ=EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0

BROWSE    /SYSTEM/etc/init.options                   Line 00000044 Col
 Command ===>                                                  Scroll =
*
*/

-a  9999                            timeout = 9999 seconds
-t  1                               terminate shell = yes
-sc /etc/rc                         shell script = /etc/rc
-e  TZ=EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0       TZ environment variable

  BROWSE    /SYSTEM/etc/profile                           Line
  Command ===>
 #                      TZ environment variable
 #                      -----------------------
 # Specifies the local time zone.

 TZ=EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0

 #TZ=EST5EDT
 export TZ

Yet when I do a $ date at 09:33:08 I get:

$ date
Mon Jun  7 13:33:08 UTC 2010

????

Lizette