I am setup up with the correct offset in the CLOCKxx member in SYS1.PARMLIB.

When I enter 3.17 in ISPF I do not see the message that says the adjustment
for EST/EDT is there, and my $ date function looks like GMT rather than
EST/EDT setting.

I had thought based on my notes that all I needed to do was set the TZ parm
in the /etc/init.profile (which all I did was copy the samples profile
member) and include the TZ setting in /etc/profile.

But then as I read more it talked about a /.profile setting.  So I added
that.

I will continue to pursue documentation to see what might be incorrect or
missing.

I have a customer that is working on using JAVA with DB2 and so they are
keen to have the date accurate.

Lizette