Hi Arie,

Interesting Issue. I suppose that service is given by a kind of transaction
manager like CICS as you mentioned "avoiding disruption". Assuming that the
updates are stored in PDS(as loadmods), how can you ensure that the datasets
are positioned on disk exactly as mapped at time the dataset was open with
same (number and size of) extents? This might work if the PDS is large
inhalf and was not compressed (it would cause unpredictable results to CICS,
for example).
Itschak