From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Anne
& Lynn Wheeler
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Disk replacing Tape?

SanDisk's SD card can store data for 100 years
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9178428/SanDisk_s_SD_card_can_store_data_for_100_years

from above:

The WORM (write once, read many) card is "tamper proof" and data cannot
be altered or deleted, SanDisk said in a statement. The card is designed
for long-time preservation of crucial data like legal documents, medical
files and forensic evidence, SanDisk said.

... snip ...

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment