>Ted, as long as you don't hit the max number defined in IEASYSxx/PAGTOTL.

PAGTOTAL=256

(I also do similar things for the maximum number of JES-SPOOL, ASID's, TIOT,
systems in a CFRM policy, etc.

I asked for the last once, back in 1994.
The SYSPROG said “No, we only have 5 systems.”
You can imagine the problems we had when we went to 6.
He still only wanted to change the limit to 6.
I said, make it 16 (the max at the time), and had to escalate.

What are we saving by trimming the maximums?

I had a senior performance analyst drop the DB2 buffer pool sizes when we went
to GDPS and PPRC.
Because of the possibility of something being in memory at the time of a
disaster.

I may have won that argument after two years of discussion; I'll never know
because the resolution was still only a possibility, when I got down-sized.

My winning points:
1. The journals/logs are also under PPRC.
2. We kill performance `just in case?`.

-teD

In God we Trust!
All others bring data!