Hi:

We are at z/OS 1.9

Recently, "Tape Data" protection was changed (from volume level based on
TAPEVOL class to DSN level).

Relevant settings of the OLD schema:
-       RACF TAPEVOL class ACTIVE
-       TAPEDSN INACTIVE in SETROPTS
-       TAPESECURITY(RACF) specified in DFHSM Parmlib.
-       TPRACF(N) in DFRMM
-       No tape security options etablished in DEVSUPxx member of SYS1.PARMLIB

Relevant options of the CURRENT schema:
-       RACF TAPEVOL class INACTIVE
-       TAPEDSN INACTIVE in SETROPTS
-       TAPESECURITY(EXPIRATION) specified in DFHSM Parmlib
-       TPRACF(N) in DFRMM
-       Options TAPEAUTHDSN=YES and TAPEAUTHF1=YES in effect via DEVSUPxx
member of SYS1.PARMLIB

After implementing the new security options and checking for several days that
the new schema was working fine, as a RACF administrador i Inactivated TAPEVOL
class and deleted ALL its profiles (including DFHSM multivolumes named DFHSMx,
with x=0,1,....9).

>From that moment, the following behaviour is observed:

When DFHSM finishes recycling a volume it tries to remove its RACF protection
(because of TAPESECURITY(EXPIRATION) setting). However, given that the
protection was already deleted, the action fails and the following error
message is written to DFHSM Joblog:

STC01002  ICH408I USER(HSMUSER  ) GROUP(DFHSM   ) NAME(DFHSM               )
152
            X62021 CL(TAPEVOL )
            DELETE - RESOURCE NOT FOUND
STC01002  ARC0359I ERROR REMOVING TAPE VOLUME X62021 FROM  153
          ARC0359I (CONT.) DFSMSHSM'S RACF TAPE VOLUME SET, RC=20, REAS=4

Moreover, we observe that DFHSM, even after the unsuccessfull deletion of RACF
protection for some volume, stills considers the volume to be RACF protected
and thus tries to remove its RACF protection each time it empties it (as part
of its recycling process).

This behaviour does not cause any operational problem in DFHSM, but we want to
get rid of these error messages that, if nothing is done, will last forever.

Question:
How can we indicate to DFHSM that its volumes are not RACF protected anymore,
or that it should not worry about removing their RACF protection?

Thanks in advance for your help,

JUAN MAUTALEN