In a recent note, Thomas Kern said:

> Date:         Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:41:50 -0800
>
> My favorite auditor request was when an auditor asked for a printout from my
> VM/SP system. I had to leave the meeting before my boss could finish laughing.
>
> The auditor wanted /etc/passwd.

What's in a name?

Doesn't VM/SP have (or was it earlier releases?) a file with similar
function?  I've heard my sysprog speak of editing "The Directory"
to add a user.

I'll grant the auditor was somewhat out of his element; he was
unlikely to know what a Class G user was.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL