Ted,

I have the same experience. The first Share I attended I was surrounded by
IBMers from the States talking about something called "see eye see ess" and
it wasn't until the beer had well and truly sunk in that I figured out they
were talking about CICS (kicks).

Unitedstatians are the only people I have ever heard spell it out. I guess
that's what happens when you can't spell, can't write the date correctly,
and install all your light switches upside down :-)

Ron

Behalf Of
> Ted MacNEIL
> Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 8:23 PM
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
> Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] C-I-C-S vs KICKS
>
> >whereas almost all customers I talk to pronounce it "kicks".
>
> I used to work for an American company, and all the developers spelled it
> rather than pronounced it.
> But, everybody's experience varies.
>
> I used to cause confusion everytime I pronounced it.
> Of course, I also caused confusion with everybody, except those in Buffalo
NY