Timothy Sipples wrote:
I don't remember where I read or heard the story, but I think IBM preferred
to use the term "storage" because "memory" implied that forgetting is
possible. Therefore, to avoid conveying the impression that IBM computers
could forget precious information -- or at least to suggest that forgetting
was less likely -- "storage" it was.

I heard a similar story about BDAM; it allowed random access. "Random?
You mean you don't know where it is?" So it became direct access, "Oh
yes, in fact we can go directly to the record you want."

{snip]

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
Resident Enterprise Architect
STG Value Creation & Complex Deals Team
IBM Growth Markets (Based in Singapore)
E-Mail: timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment