On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 01:16:44 -0400, Gerhard Postpischil wrote:

>Next they'll expect DISP=MOD to work for a member <g>

Well, DISP=MOD has its own semantic, whic is:

o Not very well known (I need to repeatedly explain it to colleagues).

o Quite useful.

o Not very intuitive (except by strained reasoning).  Had I been the
  designer, I would have invented a new keyword rather than overloading
  MOD.

Appending to a member?  Certainly not for PDS.  I don't see why it
couldn't be done for PDSE.

Do ISPF LM services provide a corresponding facility?  I suppose
one might ALLOCATE DISP(MOD) and LMINIT the ddname.

-- gil