On 31 August 2010 06:19, Fran Hernandez <frcoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much to those who have answered my problem.
> Further information in this regard:
> 1) and FTP TRSMAIN was performed by a person of another a few months'
> data center. " The TRSMAIN I have attached the job but do not have FTP
> executed.
> 2) Deputy shipping the first 12 "bytes" of the file from one of the files
> you've
> loaded with IND $ FILE. My feeling is that something was done incorrectly, but
> I have no means to detect it.

> 0C60001B0590
> 0ADF20800000

This certainly doesn't look like a valid terse header. There is no IBM
doc on the header format, but from lots of previous eyeballing, the
first bytes work something like this:

Offset 00 is the compression/encoding algorithm 02=PACK, 05-SPACK,
07-PDS[E] PACK, 09=PDS[E] SPACK
Offset 01 is 00 for fixed records (F), or 01 for variable (V or U)
Offset 02 is the 2-byte LRECL (with some oddities for VB)
Offset 04 is flags that encode aspects of the RECFM in combination
with byte 1, e.g 0C would be FB or VB.
Offset 06 is the 2-byte blocksize.

So either this is not the output of TRSMAIN, or perhaps it has been
passed through something like a mangling character translation, or
perhaps it is not the actual start of the file.

I'm sorry I can't help based on this.

Tony H.