On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 21:48:06 +0200, R.S. wrote:

>W dniu 2010-09-02 19:54, Ted MacNEIL pisze:
>>>       Would be nice to have(i.e TERM=TS from a batch job)
>>

>> Why?
>Isn't it obvious?
>More functionality is usually better. If you don't like it, then just
>don't use it.

Isn't each of us uncomfortable with anything that he
doesn't use but which inevitably dilutes IBM's development
and support resource?  I don't even like things I don't
use but which inevitably bloat the Reference Manual.
(cf. Dog in Manger.)

>> Wouldn't that violate so many integrity rules?
>Well, it is non-existent feature, so it's quite hard to discuss the
>details, but I could imagine a solution which is acceptable.
>
>> There is always the SEnd command.
>Which is not the same, although it can address some needs.

Alternatives:

Allocate to DD SYSOUT; track it with SDSF auto-update.

Allocate to named pipe; track it with "tail -f".

-- gil