Hi folks

We upgraded from OS/390 to z/OS 1.4 at the weekend. Since then, ONE of our 1100
FTP clients cannot get in.

We have a third-party product that sits in front of our FTP server, providing
additional RACF and other functionality. This product is failing the user's
signon because they send in an FTP AUTH KERBEROS_V5 command before the USER and
PASS combination, and the product cannot deal with this (The vendors are
working on this as a matter of extreme urgency).

But I need to know why this AUTH command is coming from the (SCO Unix V5)
client. They say there's nothing on their command line switches or anything
that would cause this. My FTPSDATA has everything SSL or security related -
everything, I mean everything, I've been through the parms with the manual
several times now - all turned off or defaults. It's a pure, raw, basic FTP
server.

Our customer that these FTP clients are sending files in for is a major UK bank
and is starting to suggest that they will demand the upgrade to be backed out.

If I can stop this AUTH command from being (solicited by us?) sent in, the
problem with the third party product not recognising secure FTP will be less
urgent.

Anyone got any ideas? Anything? Please? HELP..!
Cheers

Brian
This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction NetworkServices.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution isprohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact thesender by reply e-mail and