zMan wrote:

>In ISMF I can generate a list of datasets, but would very much like to
capture that so I can analyze it. If I do a SAVE SOMENAME, I get an E37
ABEND.

>1) What dataset is it trying to write?

To your profile dataset: <userid>.ISPF.ISPPROF(SOMENAME)

You may need to enlarge that profile dataset, perhaps by asking someone else
to do it for you, because you will need to logoff anyway.

>2) How can I tell it what volser to use? (I realize the answer to #1
may make this moot)

You have SMS? SMS will do the rest.

>OK, a third question: Is this even worthwhile? Is this list going to be in a
format I can parse?

You want to parse the list? Ok, then use pull down menu in ISMF: Select List
and then option (9) Print. Select your columns to use.

HTH!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht