Rather than focus on your problems using SAVE etc., like others, I thought I
might point you in a different direction.
You could use DCOLLECT to get a list of all your data sets. DCOLLECT records
includes all kinds of info that can be collected, and that data can be
processed/reported/analyzed.

Back in z/OS R10 we added option G to ISMF - it gives access to the 'report
generator'. Actually this was the rmm report generator, but we want people
to use it for HSM and DCOLLECT reporting - so we added some sample report
types and reports for HSM and DCOLLECT.

So, to analyze your data sets, go into option G, and look for existing
sample reports, and report types. There is a report type
DCOLLECT DFSMS DCOLLECT for Data Sets
You could create a new report direct from this - but means starting from
scratch. So there are hsm based DCOLLECT report samples, you could use to
see what can be done.
You can customize which records are to be processed, specify that the
'extract' is done (and DCOLLECT will be run for you), then play with the
selection and fields to be sorted and to be included in the report.

Mike Wood    RMM Development