> Thanks, I'll read this again tomorrow. I actually never mentioned 3.4
> -- someone else did. I was just talking about ISMF.

I knew your original post said ISMF, but I wanted to clarify the differences
between SAVE in ISPF and ISMF.  Because they are HUGE.

This is all dependent of what kind of listing you are looking to create.  In
ISMF the LISTPRT function gives you the flexibility of selecting various
fields.  UCB, Cache, and tons more.

In ISPF it only gives dataset name, tracks, allocation, extents,
create/expire dates.

So many options to choose from.

If you run into more questions, the Help panels are not that bad.  The only
issue I have had is the use of SAVE being a TABLE and not an ISPF List
dataset.  The ISPF List dataset can only be done AFAIK from the LISTPRT.
Depending on what you are trying to generate there might be other options.
If you could describe the data you need, we can probably offer other options
that are part of the z/OS system and not an ADDON product.

Or if you can install products from the CBT Tape, there are some nice
functions on there for DASD,Data set listings.

Lizette