On 10/4/2010 8:14 PM, Chris Mason wrote:
Paul

What value does a variable have if you don't try to initialise it?

This vital information appears to be missing from the obvious place to mention
it in the manual and I expect the old TSO CLIST language doesn't use the
quixotic REXX rule that you find variables initialised to whatever name you had
in mind they had!

But suppose what he wants is to _reset_ a variable to null?

Paul,

have you tried:

   SET &X=

works for me.