On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:51:27 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

>>ITYM &NRSTR so:
>>
>>   ISREDIT LINE BEFORE = &NRSTR(//  NOTIFY=&SYSUID)
>>

>>might do the trick without even needing the
>>intermediate 'PERPETRATOR' variable.

The structure my co-worker bestowed on me is something like:

    /* Modify the following parameters as needed:  */
    SET &JNAME = your.job.name
    SET &ACCT  = accounting info
    SET &PGMR  = programmer.name
    SET &NOTE  = &&&&SYSUID   /* User to notify  */

    SET &HLQ   = data.set.prefix

    /* Make no further changes.  */
    ISREDIT LINE BEFORE = &STR(//&JNAME JOB &ACCT,&PGMR,NOTIFY=&NOTE,...)

I don't "need" the intermediate PERPETRATOR variable; I _want_ it.

>That won't work with ISREDIT.  The userid will still get
>substituted.   You need the double ampersand.
>
> ISREDIT LINE BEFORE = &NRSTR(//  NOTIFY=&&SYSUID)
>
>(there is a double ampersand SYSUID above)
>
>Sorry I left something off  in my last post.  If you are using &STR instead
>of &NRSTR, you need to set "SCAN OFF" in your edit macro:
>
>ISREDIT SCAN OFF
>ISREDIT LINE_AFTER 1 = &STR('//  NOTIFY=&&SYSUID,REGION=7M')
>ISREDIT SCAN ON
>
>(again, there is a double ampersand SYSUID above)

Another pitfall for the customer.

I'm glad I've mostly avoided CLIST for 25 years.  I don't need
something it's easy to hate worse than JCL.

-- gil