--- "Edward E. Jaffe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The "kicker" is that you can't quiesce/backup your zFS from another >
system in the sysplex on z/OS 1.6 or lower. I remember reading that >
this unfortunate restriction has been (or will be) lifted. Whether
> the fix is in z/OS 1.7 or the follow-on release, I'm not sure. In
> any case, HFS does not have this restriction.

Right now we are running three monoplexes in a GRS ring with z/OS 1.4.
We will implement z/OS 1.7 soon, and I wonder if it makes sense to
migrate our HFS file system to zFS.

I read that HFS is stabilized, while zFS represents the future. zFS
should also have pros as far as the performance is concerned. Is anyone
already gone through this and found such migration worthwhile (despite
the restriction mentioned by Edward) ?

Or should I stick to HFS ?

Best regards

Walter Marguccio