Ali,

>From what I'm seeing here it look like the 3745 doesn't have the
subchannel address set properly.  This is the last two bytes of the device

address (i.e. XXUU).  From one of the 3745 configuration screens (Its been

a while and I can't remember which), you need to set the unit address for
the channel adapter to match the UU from the device address.  Once this is

done and you are sure that the channel cables are attached properly the
device will VARY online.  Remeber that BUS/TAG cables have a device end
and a host end (It was always GRAY AWAY to remember which).

Brad S. Carson
Sr. IT Analyst
Duke Health Technology Solutions
Box 2718 Duke University Medical Center